Since 2001, Docler Holding has been a pioneer in creating digital experiences. We develop and cultivate numerous highly diversified companies, all under our unique umbrella.
With over two decades of software and product engineering expertise, and more than 18 companies worldwide, we are focused on designing impressive products that are ready to meet the challenges of the future.
As Legal Counsel specialized in DP/Intellectual Property/IT, you will primarily ensure a full and continuous business partnership support to the internal clients in relation to the daily business requests and requirements particularly in the field of, without limitation, Information Technology law, e-commerce, IP, media, data protection and other civil law matter, as needed, in order to ensure legal compliance and the implementation of best practices.
Being the first point of contact and window person for the business. Draft and Review contracts in the above field and resolve problems and issues providng solutions.
Work in liaison with the specialists in the legal team (IP specialist, DPO etc.) and available to procatviely contribute to the group functional acivities and standardization efforts.
- Negotiate, draft or review contracts
- Analyze and respond to questions and issues in the DP, IT, IP, E commerce, contract, Media field.
- Proactively advise the business with pragmatic opinions and solutions -understanding the risk in each transaction and highlight it simply to business providing countermeasures
- Advise all levels of the organization on general legal matters, including, without limitation, IT, e-commerce, image right, consumer law, marketing, media and civil law matters, if need be.
- Advise and assist various internal stakeholders and/or departments in development and maintenance of standard contract terms and conditions in line with DP, IP and IT provisions and address legal or administrative related queries in a proactive manner.
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives.
- Drafting and review of any other commercial agreements, if need be.
- Assist DPO on the data protection compliance, if need be.
- Recognize when the DPO and the IP specialist and any other specialists need to be involved
- Involve these specialists and collaborate with them proactively and work in team
Relevant professional experience. In particular, a combined experience of both law firm and in-house practice (7/10 years),
- General Legal knowledge of the basics of DP/IP/IT/Media law and contracts
Excellent drafting skills in English. French language a plus.
- Confident, self-starter and ability to operate and thrive in a high-paced, changing work environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters and related contracts, and ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience in IT/Software/Internet/Media company would be an asset
- International experience, some US exposure could be a plus
- JD in primary university (Master and/or qualified lawyer a plus)
- An exceptional compensation package along with relocation support to help you move to the Grand Duchy
- Your health is our wealth: private health insurance and free gym membership
- On top of the minimum 26 vacation days, we also provide additional days the longer you work for us
- We offer breakfast for our employees every day to help them begin the workday
- The opportunity to see your work directly contribute to the success of the company
- When you grow, we grow: You have the chance to attend events, meetups, and other perks for your professional growth
- You’re joining a family and you are going to look the part! We give out company-branded merchandise and clothes to every single new joiner.
Docler Group which is the umbrella company of Byborg Enterprises. Byborg Enterprises is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience. We thrive to attract and hire a strong, talented and diverse workforce, prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious or political beliefs, age, nationality, physical, mental or developmental disability, gender, sexual orientation.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Final candidate will be requested to provide with a recent criminal record extract for background screening purpose.
NOTE: Byborg Enterprises SA does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency without prior approval from our Legal and Recruiting Department to be unsolicited, and such submissions will not be recognized for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.