Apex Group Ltd ("Apex" or "the Group"), established in Bermuda in 2003, is a global financial services provider. With over 80 offices worldwide and 12,000 employees in 38 countries, Apex delivers an expansive range of services to asset managers, financial institutions, private clients, and family offices. Apex's purpose is to be more than just a financial services provider. The Group is committed to driving positive change to address three core areas: the environment and climate change, women's empowerment and economic independence, and education and social mobility. Life at Apex isn't just about the work you do. It's about embracing the culture and loving what you do. Every employee plays a part in making Apex who we are today, and the more we grow, the more impor…
APEX Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and collaborative Senior Manager Corporate Legal to join our inclusive team. This full-time Senior Corporate Administrator role is based in Luxembourg and offers an attractive salary and benefits package. If you're looking for a flexible and remote working role, this role comes with an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
As a Legal & Company Administrator, you will assist with the whole client acceptance process, including involvement at a client enquiry stage and discuss with management any client acceptance considerations to complete the acceptance process in compliance with internal policies and procedures. You will also prepare the relevant documents, including bylaws, the original corporate documentation, KYC documentation, opening of the bank accounts and create the necessary administrative records and controls to incorporate and set up a new client company, including the internal data base.
To give you an idea of how this flexible role would look and feel, here are some of the things you could expect to do:
Assist with the whole client acceptance process, including involvement at a client enquiry stage and discuss with management any client acceptance considerations to complete the acceptance process in compliance with internal policies & procedures.
- Prepare the relevant documents, including bylaws, the original corporate documentation, KYC documentation, opening of the bank accounts and create the necessary administrative records and controls in order to incorporate and set up a new client company, including the internal data base.
- Ensure all company records and statutory registers are properly maintained and updated on a timely basis in the relevant systems to ensure the company is kept in good standing.
- Attend client and board meetings, where necessary, including contribution within level of experience and prepare draft minutes on a timely basis.
- Liaise with the Accounting Team in order to seek clarification on queries and accounting information in preparation of board and shareholder meetings.
Understand risks involved in legal and company administration activities and clearly understand risks involved in activities carried out and with respect to the clients' portfolio.
- Manage and plan work programs to ensure optimal use of resources, as necessary, to meet client expectations, comply with all statutory deadlines and achieve business performance targets set by senior management.
- Deal with and/or ensure all service delivery issues/incidents are dealt with on a timely basis, consulting with the Client Directors and the Business Unit Directors as appropriate, and that agreed actions are properly implemented and recorded so as to improve processes.
- Oversee and coach members of staff and ensure training plan in place and implemented for the team to ensure the continual development of the team's expertise and enhancement of services delivery to clients.
Ensure all digital documents are scanned and properly filed in relevant systems/on relevant drives and in the physical files using the company's approved naming convention, carrying out regular quality checks so as to ensure documents are easily searchable.
- Ensure a full audit trail is maintained for all tasks carried out. This involves maintaining appropriate files according to compliance with business standards.
- Record accurate time entries on a daily basis in NavOne, ready for daily authorisation so as to enable efficient billing of clients and provide accurate profitability management information to management.
To apply for this Corporate role, you will need a law, tax, or business administration degree and a detailed understanding of Luxembourg fund structures (Real Estate funds) and the fund administration industry. You will also require the following:
- Degree in law, tax, or business administration.
- A detailed understanding of Luxembourg fund structures (Real Estate funds) and the fund administration industry.
- A detailed understanding of Luxembourg regulatory requirements.
- At least 7 years' experience in a corporate, legal and/or tax-related environment (with at least 3 years in fund administration) and a degree in law, economics, or finance or equivalent.
- Able to review and understand legal and tax restructuring memos as they apply to Luxembourg companies.
- Able to prepare legal restructuring or incorporation step plans as it pertains to Luxembourg law for circulation and review by client, lawyers, tax advisors or other intermediaries (with the support of the Client Directors).
- High level of understanding of Luxembourg company law, with the ability to teach/explain/apply the law.
- Good understanding of accounting.
- Knowledge of basic Luxembourg contracts and financing agreements such as loan facility agreements etc.
- Ability to draft and/or review various Luxembourg law documents such as articles of association in English and French, board meeting minutes, annual general meeting minutes, notarial deeds for increasing or decreasing share capital, share purchase agreements.
- Able to attend board meetings with clients and intermediaries to take detailed minutes.
- Feel comfortable in French or English to guide the managers though the board minutes and the agenda and explain the relevant transactions contained in the board.
- Ability and desire to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop working relationships with colleagues, clients, other divisions / offices and professional intermediaries.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of French.
As a vital team member and in return for your expertise, inclusive approach and commitment, we'll provide a favourable salary and the chance to join a passionate and welcoming team. Benefits As a truly global business, we tailor benefits to each location to safeguard our people and respect local cultures and ways of working. Our people are our greatest asset, and we invest in talent development. Join our global network, and you will benefit from education support, sponsorship and in-house training programs.
Please get in touch with our team today to apply and register your interest in this full-time Senior Manager CoSec Legal position in Luxembourg. They'd be thrilled to hear from you. We'd love to help you get your next role and enable you to fulfil your professional ambitions.