Syniverse is the world’s most connected company. Whether we’re developing the technology that enables intelligent cars to safely react to traffic changes or freeing travelers to explore by keeping their devices online wherever they go, we believe in leading the world forward.
Which is why we work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Eight of the top 10 banks. Four of the top 5 global technology companies. Over 900 communications providers. And how we’re able to provide our incredible talent with an innovative culture and great benefits.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the Syniverse business on a diverse range of legal and regulatory issues including customer contracts and corporate legal matters in our EMEAI business. The individual will be expected to work collaboratively with other members of the Syniverse International Legal team covering our operations in EMEA, India and Asia Pacific, and US (Florida) based colleagues where necessary.
Scope of the Role:
- Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
As a Syniverse leader we expect you to amplify the careers of team members through coaching and development opportunities. By doing so you demonstrate that:
- You appreciate – the work, your team, and the customers you serve.
- You accelerate – skill growth, build networks and expand possibilities.
- You accept – by making space for all ideas and invite diversity of thought.
- You acknowledge – and lead with empathy, vulnerability, and honesty.
Working with our Sales team in the EMEAI region, this position is responsible for supporting the Syniverse businesses as they contract customers with support and supervision from more senior members of the International Legal team.
- Serve as the point of contact in the Legal department for our EMEAI Sales team and work with other functions (e.g. Product Management, Customer Service, Finance etc) for the whole contracting lifecycle, from providing input to RFPs, reviewing and responding to contract requests for new contracts, reviewing customer contracts, amendments to existing contracts, or other documents.
- Support and utilize the company’s contracting processes and procedures while developing a detailed understanding of products and services across all lines of business.
- Take a proactive lead in developing and updating standard contract templates and adopting a continuous improvement approach to how Syniverse contracts customers.
- Handle all aspects of privacy for customer contracting matters, including review and drafting of data processing agreements as well as any other privacy related legal issues relevant to the EMEAI business operations.
- In addition to commercial work, will be responsible for supporting the VP Legal International Operations, Finance, Tax and Treasury teams on corporate or other ad hoc legal matters for the EMEA region.
- Qualified lawyer from a European jurisdiction
- 5+ years of commercial transactional law practice with in-house experience
This position requires a good level of expertise in contract law on an international basis with the individual capable of handling routine commercial contract negotiations with customers or vendors.
- Able to manage and prioritize a demanding workload with some supervision, working with clients in Product, Sales and other functions.
- Experience in contract negotiations, able to read, interpret, draft, modify and negotiate legal agreements, analyze legal situations, and supervise outside counsel.
- A basic understanding and experience in European data privacy laws with a willingness to learn more.
- Some inhouse experience, especially in the technology sector a plus
- Ability to deal professionally at all levels of the organization, dealing with complex matters and producing a high standard of work.
- Business savvy, commercial approach to legal issues, able to balance legal and commercial interests of the business.
- Able to work well independently as well as part of a team, in an international environment.
- IT literate and skilled in Microsoft software applications
Join us as we write a new chapter, guided by world-class leadership. Come be a part of an exciting and growing organization where we offer a competitive total compensation, flexible/remote work and with a leadership team committed to fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent organizational culture.
At Syniverse connectedness is at the core of our business. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion among our employees is crucial to our success as a global company as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people who want to help us connect the world.