Société Générale est une banque européenne de premier plan avec 117 000 collaborateurs au service de 25 millions de clients dans plus de 60 pays à travers le monde. Nous accompagnons le développement de nos économies depuis près de 160 ans, en proposant à nos clients entreprises, institutionnels et particuliers un large éventail de services de conseil et de solutions financières à valeur ajoutée. Nos relations durables et de confiance avec les clients, notre expertise de pointe, notre capacité d’innovation unique, nos compétences ESG et nos franchises leader font partie de notre ADN et servent le cœur de notre objectif : créer de la valeur durable pour toutes nos parties prenantes.
Within the ALD Group and the Global Procurement, the main mission of The Head of Legal - Luxembourg & Global Procurement consists of providing support on all tasks relevant to the legal risk of the entity and specifically (but not only) on :
- Managing the local legal agenda and mitigating legal risks of the entity
- Ensuring that legal matters of the local legal entities and the Procurement function are handled in compliance with the applicable corporate and regulatory governance and within the framework of the Global Legal Charter.
For that purpose, the Head of Legal - Luxembourg & Global Procurement acts also as :
- Trusted advisor to the country and Global Procurement Leadership Team in helping to understand and mitigate the legal risks. The Head of Legal - Luxembourg & Global Procurement has a holistic view on all legal matters within the entities under his/her supervision and manages the local legal function and ensures the strategy of the local legal function is aligned with the business strategy of the group and the entity ;
- Prime internal contact for any legal matters (except tax law) such as contract and civil law, competition law, corporate law, corporate governance, IPR, insolvency law, mergers and acquisition, etc. ;
- Local touchpoint for the Group legal team, the relevant Regional Coordinator and/or the Chief Legal and Corporate Affairs Officer coordinator of any contacts with internal and external stakeholders, such as regulators and other public authorities, law firms, notaries, administrators etc. ;
- Legal advisory services for the country Leadership Team and all departments of the entity.
The areas of responsibilities of the Head of Legal - Luxembourg & Global Procurement will include :
- The review, approval of all relevant legal documents and legal matters of the entity ;
- Regular interaction with, and contribution to the Global Legal Community by (i) active participating in joint activities and projects, regular and pro-active knowledge sharing ;
- Close cooperation and active collaboration with relevant stakeholders such as internal customers, external suppliers, and regulatory authorities ;
- Draft, review, negotiation and implementation of (amendments to) documentation related to procurement agreements, mainly related to the purchase of vehicles and other products being installed or consumed by vehicles ;
- Close cooperation with the Country Risk & Compliance Director and Privacy Officer (data privacy, outsourcing, regulatory, etc).
Academic degree in legal studies, ideally specialized in (local) commercial and company law ;
- Post Graduate Education helpful (International law, Contract law, Regulatory law, Data Privacy, Compliance, etc.) ;
- At least 10 years of experience in an inhouse legal position or law firm with international business background ;
- Experience with procurement centers or banking regulated industries desirable ;
- Experienced in working in an international environment incl. navigating a matrix setup ;
- Analytical, structured and concise ;
- High problem-solving skills ;
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills ;
- Fluency in French and English ;
- Business and tech savvy, ready to work with Legal Tech applications and support digital transformation of the corporation.
The opportunity to work with a committed employer: for CSR, for diversity, for the well-being of its employees and to fight against discrimination ;
- Join a growing market leader and part of a very dynamic international group ;
- A friendly work environment based on respect and trust, within an enthusiastic and motivated team ;
- Quality training and support ;
- Support your development, both in your role and within the company ;
- Flexible schedules ;
- Remuneration based on your skills and performance, with extra-legal benefits: 13th month, group insurance, meal vouchers, holidays and bonuses based on seniority ;
- Our premises are easily accessible by public transport, but we do have parking.
All our offers are open to people with disabilities.
Subsidiary of Société Générale, expert in the Automobile financing services, ALD is one of the European leaders in the Automobile Long-Term Leasing Sector. ALD offers services to corporates, in France and abroad, to focus on their core business activity by outsourcing the financing, the management and maintenance of their automobile fleet as well as the mobility services.
With a leading position in Luxembourg, ALD Luxembourg provides fleet management support to 19,510 vehicles. In Luxembourg, our greatest strength is our team of 130 employees who, through their enthusiasm, commitment, and good mood, have been building the company since 1985. Twice awarded Best workplaces in Luxembourg in 2017 and 2019, ALD Luxembourg is working every day on improving its employees’ work-life balance.