BSP is glad to announce for 2020 the promotion of three Counsels, four Senior Associates and eleven Associates:
- Pol Mellina has been appointed as Counsel. Pol joined BSP's Tax department in 2014 and qualified as a Luxembourg lawyer the same year. He advises corporate and individual clients on both domestic and international tax issues, focusing on cross-border transactions and tax litigation. Pol ranked 1st at the competition EY Luxembourg Young Tax Professional of the Year 2013. He is also a visiting lecturer in international tax law at the University of Lorraine and has been appointed arbitrator at the Luxembourg Commission for Arbitration in Sport in 2019.
- Daniel Riedel has been appointed as Counsel. Daniel Riedel specialises in Luxembourg and international tax law, advising corporations, partnerships and private individuals on a whole range of domestic and international tax issues in respect of corporate, private equity and finance-based transactions, including transfer pricing, litigation, tax reporting and tax compliance matters. Daniel is a visiting lecturer in tax law at the University of Lorraine and the University of Liechtenstein.
- Audrey Risser has been appointed as Counsel. As a litigator, Audrey is regularly involved in complex domestic and multijurisdictional disputes resolution, with a focus on real estate, commercial and corporate matters. In addition, she frequently works on real estate contracts, drafting and negotiating a number of agreements.
- Eda Herguner Dripps has been appointed as Senior Associate in the Banking & Finance department where she is particularly involved in deals relating to multi-jurisdictional financings extended by numerous banks and financial institutions.
- Magedeline Mounir has been appointed as Senior Associate. She advises clients in respect of complex litigation and has additional expertise in business restructurings and insolvency.
- Caroline Reppert has been appointed as Senior Associate. She is part of the Corporate department where she is particularly involved in local and international restructuring, especially for a famous international biopharmaceutical company.
- Elzbieta Tumko has been appointed as Senior Associate. She is focusing her practise in the areas of corporate transactions and finance law.
Marc-Alexandre Bieber, Marta Gajos, Claire Jordan-Dandrau, Towfik Kadri, Kateryna Nevmerzhytska, Dimitra Panomitrou, Olivier Schank, Laura Simmonds, Carolina Vasselli, Axel Voisard and Pauline Wirtzler have been appointed Associates.
The firm also welcome Anneleen Hofkens as Counsel in the Corporate M&A department.
“We have many promotions for 2020, all of them well-deserved”, said Alain Steichen, Managing Partner of BSP. “These lawyers’ hard work greatly contributed to our firm’s excellent results last year. We are proud of them because they are truly representative of the values this firm stands for: quality, dedication and diversity. We also welcome our new joiner and wish her well.”